With the increasing online threats, viruses or hackers, it becomes important to protect your device with an antivirus. McAfee is one of the best antiviruses for protecting your important data and files that are available in your system. But sometimes while installing the McAfee software, you may get McAfee Error Code 12002. It is a common problem that many users face. It becomes important to resolve the error as soon as possible as this error can obstruct the performance of your device.
Indications of McAfee Error Code 12002
Your system at times may face issues with the McAfee software. Knowing the exact nature of such issues or errors becomes important to successfully fix these errors. One such issue is error code 12002. You can identify the same by considering the below-given indications. Identify these indications and try to fix them as soon as they start displaying.
- McAfee Error Code 12002 prompts on the screen.
- A sudden crash of window programs.
- Operating system shuts down.
- Mouse, as well as keyboard, responds slowly.
- Device screen starts freezing on a frequent basis.
- The poor performance of the windows operating system.
Reasons Behind McAfee Error Code 12002
There are several reasons for your system to show Mcafee Error Code 12002. Having knowledge of the exact cause of the error becomes important to fix it. Besides you can avoid getting it again and again.
There are many causes for McAfee Error Code 12002. Some of them are as follows:
- Interruption in internet connection during the download of McAfee antivirus.
- Error in the configuration of internet explorer.
- A corrupt download of McAfee software.
- Another software deleted McAfee file either maliciously or by mistake.
- Viruses or malware corrupted the system files and McAfee antivirus files.
- Incomplete installation of the antivirus.
How To Solve the Error?
To deal with the error you can perform various troubleshooting steps and get rid of such errors. Below is a simple and less time-consuming process to fix the error. Follow these steps and protect your device from Error Code 12002.
- Firstly, you have to repair the windows registry records which are connected with Error Code 12002.
- Now, make a full malware scan on your system. This will help to minimize the risk of error.
- Clean all junk files as well as temporary files from the system using “Disk Cleanup”. These files generally form due to internet surfing and overuse of the computer. Cleaning these files will help in getting more space in your system.
- After that, update or reinstall the drivers on your system. You must back up the current driver before you start updating.
- Using Windows System Restore, undo all the changes made in the system.
- Now, from your system, uninstall the Mcafee Antivirus to continue with the process.
- Remove all the components of McAfee antivirus through the MCPR tool.
- Afterward, with the help of Windows System Restore option, you have to find the missing components of McAfee antivirus if any.
- Now, you have to scan the Windows.
- Successfully install all the Windows updates in your system.
- Lastly, reinstall McAfee antivirus latest version.
After completing the above process, you can successfully fix the McAfee Error Code 12002. But in case, difficulty continues or if the system still shows the error. Then the last option you have is to assist with McAfee Customer Support. Technicians are available at McAfee Customer Support to assist you 24*7.